Being a Mompreneur you HAVE to find ways to pamper yourself. The demands of business and motherhood can take over, but at the end of the day taking care of yourself is very important.
Even if it is 10 minutes a day schedule that time to pamper yourself.
So here are 5 ways to pamper yourself:
1. Have a cup of coffee or tea. Wake up before your kids and brew yourself a nice warm cup of coffee or when your kids go to bed brew a warm cup of tea. Sit and relax while you drink it. Enjoy the time by yourself and take a breather! Even if it is for 5 minutes taking that time to reflect is important. Do not think about what you have to do for business or what you have to do with the kids, just center yourself or pray. However you relax, DO IT! I really enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee. I try to wake up 30 minutes before my kiddos to brew my coffee and relax for a bit before I am on call for the remainder of the day.
2. Paint your nails. This is a nice way to pamper yourself. There is something about painting your finger nails and toes that you feel better about yourself. Even if it is putting a clear coat of polish on if helps you feel more put together. I personally like bright and bold colors on my nails. I don’t know what it is about having my nails painted but I do love it! If you like to outsource these things then of course schedule that time to pamper yourself at the salon!
3. Eat a piece of chocolate. Whaat? Am I really saying this? This is coming from someone who has NEVER been a chocolate eater. When I was pregnant with my daughter I fell in love with chocolate. So now its not so bad. Pamper yourself by eating A piece. According to WebMD Dark chocolate has a bunch of health benefits. So pamper yourself with some chocolate!
4. Exfoliating masques. Not only is it nice to pamper yourself by using an exfoliating skin masque but its so good for your skin! I like to use Arbonne’s exfoliating masque.
5. Exercise. This is so important to your overall health. Pamper yourself by spending that time doing yoga, running on the treadmill, pilates or even dance. Going to the gym or doing a home workout routine is so important.
Do not feel guilty when you take the time to pamper yourself.
Many moms can feel that they don’t deserve to take that time. All of their time should be spent for their kids. Reality is that taking care of yourself is important too. It will help you feel overall better about yourself therefore you will be able to take care of everyone around you more effectively.
Take a little time EVERYDAY to pamper yourself
There is a lot demanded from a Mompreneur. Even in the down times from your kids you are building a business. If you can structure your time to do income producing activities you will be able to find that time to step away to pamper yourself. Take a little time everyday to focus on yourself so you can tackle the everyday.