Ay ay ay! Did you know that today is National Guacamole Day?? By celebrating this fabulous “holiday” I have participated in the Dip and Sip Challenge. Avocados are such a staple item in my house and my whole family loves them! Both my kiddos gobble them up and I love anything avocado..even on my skin!
I was stoked to be asked to participate in the Dip and Sip Challenge for National Guacamole Day!
Did you know??
- The avocado dates back to almost 10,000 years ago in Mesoamerica, and the use of guacamole dates all the back to the times of the Aztecs!
- Mexico is the world’s largest producer of avocados.
- Mexico is the only place in the entire world where avocado trees
can bloom naturally four times a year, resulting in annual harvest
- When European sailors reached Central America, they used
avocados in place of butter
- You can help to prevent an opened avocado from becoming brown by sprinkling lemon juice on it and refrigerating the avocado in a plastic bag.
Why can’t we all get rid of butter and replace it with the delicious goodness of an avocado. They are much healthier than butter AND packed with omega 3 and 6.
I received 1 bottle of Piedra Azul Tequila, Gaby Dalkin’s book, Absolutely Avocados, and a $25 Whole Foods gift card. I invited my friends to party at my house to celebrate National Guacamole Day. I made an amazing recipe from Gaby’s book. Pictures of my party below.
Gaby Dalkin is a food blogger for WhatsGabyCooking.com, professional recipe developer, private chef, and author. Check out her website today and order your book Absolutely Avocados and feel like a chef in your own kitchen!
Here are some fun filled pictures of my party..